The Making of a Man Cave
I am not usually one for kits, so when I purchased the kit for this project at the 2015 Mesa Rubber Stamp show, it was a bit of a surprise even to me. What wasn’t a surprise was that I didn’t check to see that the kit had everything I needed to actually make the project (it didn’t). What was also not a surprise was that I raided the kit for the lovely semi-precious stones for other projects. Net result of this was that I didn’t get the project made and I had a twinge of guilt this year when I went to the 2016 show and saw this project on display once again.
What better way to get over the guilt than to actually make the project. Ok……………….laying down until the guilt feeling passes also works, but I decided to give it a go.
I had bought some more semi precious stones and some great new Southwestern themed dies that I thought would work with it, so I got started. Didn’t get very far when I realized that I needed a big needle to sew the yarn on the 3D box. Check, borrowed that from a friend. Didn’t get much further when I realized that the yarn and the needle were way too big to thread on the little semiprecious stones. Same friend came to the rescue with jewelry filament.
Finally, the project was complete, but the next problem was how to take a decent picture of the project. It was either focus on the front and the inside was blurred, or focus on the inside and the front was blurred. Forget about trying to capture the 3D sides with the semi-precious stones.
Oh well, here is what it kind of looks like:
Supplies: B and J’s Art Stamps, Distress inks, Colour Burst watercolour and liquid Metallics, semi precious little stones that someone tumbled, polished and put holes in (someone with more patience than me), Prima wooden feather, Ellentina pottery dies, Scor tape, Fiber yarn,