Daily Archives: August 27, 2017
Debbie’s Challenge was to use wool, which is the material for a 7th anniversary.
I was not wanting to have an more encounters with my sewing machine today, so I opted to glue any felt cookies, that I decided to make. I have to be thankful that I own the Friendly Flowers stamp and die sets as they have been put to use multiple times just in this Stamp a faire alone. I loved the look of the ice wafer that Debbie made and wanted to recreate that. The best option that I had was a Waffle Flower die that had stitching holes as i was going to stitch the cookie together, before I got lazy. I used the largest Friendly Flowers die for the sugar cookie, a die from the Shakers and Sprinkles kit for the confetti. The patterned paper is also from the Shakers and Sprinkles kit. While I was looking for cookie possibilities, I came across this Candy Corn die from Spellbinders that I thought would work with the Papertrey Ink wool felt (full disclosure…..the yellow felt is not Papertrey Ink and should not even be allowed to live alongside real wool felt but it was all I had in yellow). Finally, I made an Oreo cookie using the wheel from the Make it Market Market Street kit. I cut it lightly by altering the sandwich in the big shot and it came out marvelously well. It has the impression of the wheel that even looks a bit like the top of an Oreo without cutting through the material.
Heather’s challenge is to use the 7th anniversary material of wool on a project. Additionally, she used stitching and a bit of die cut surgery to achieve a layered look. I had to blow the dust off of my sewing machine, before attempting to try some stitching on my wool felt diecuts. In fact, when I turned the machine on, my pressor foot fell off the machine into a couple of pieces. It had been so long since I had my machine out, I had to dig out the manual to figure out how to put the pressor foot back together. Eventually, I got the job done. I also layered the diecuts I used, but limited the felt surgery to trimming the layers on one snowflake so that it appeared that I had three sizes of snowflakes instead of two.
I turned the snowflakes into embellishments on a sweater, using the Papertrey Ink sweater die. The lovely wool felt is also from Papertrey Ink. I am always happy with the way this wonderful wool felt cuts cleanly.
Yana’s challenge was to make a project using the 6th anniversary material of iron. She used an inlay technique, but I wanted to use the What the Doodle U.S. Map with a very heavy metal embossing powder that was too thick/intricate for inlay. I loved the block look she used, so I incorporated that into my card, though.
It turned out quite well.