Monthly Archives: October 2019
I keep thinking that I have all the stamps and dies that I could possibly need, and yet I buy more. There is a reason that crafters refer to this hobby as their addiction, and think they will stop buying as soon as they add this or that to their collection.
Today, I thought I would share some Halloween cards that I recently made. For the most part, they were made with stamps and dies already in my stash, but I confess to buying a couple of new ones.
I liked the crazy sentiments in the stamp set from Cathy Zielske called My Zombies, so I had to get that. I also liked the oval Spider Web from Hero Arts and even though I resisted buying it with my recent Hero Arts kit, I caved in and bought it when it appeared at Scrapendipity. I also had to have the Tim Holtz Stamptember exclusive stamp set, but have yet to make a card with that one (Stay tuned)
Once more, I really like the theme that Hero Arts came up with for the October 2019 My Monthly Hero Kit. The theme is Retro 50’s Christmas.
So far, I have made a few variations of three cards. The first two use the main kit and the third one uses the Television fancy die which is an add-on to the kit.
Note the tin foil on the “rabbit ears” and the RCA test pattern. Only people my age will remember these things. The memories of our first TV brought a smile to my face while making this card.
Anyone that knows me is aware of the fact that I have a fascination for little drawers. I love them in furniture and in home decor items, so imagine my delight when a Curio Cabinet was the focal stamp image in the September Monthly Hero Arts Kit.
I am not going to lie. It took forever to put this card together. There was lots of Copic blending to make the wood cabinet. There was lots of picky arranging of the handles on the cabinet and then the time-consuming embossing of the handles. After that there was the job of deciding what to put in the Curio cabinet. I had decided that I was going to find “real” little treasures to place in the cabinet rather than just stamping images, so that gobbled up more time. This also necessitated that the cabinet be turned into a shaker type card to manage the dimension of the “treasures”. Then the tiny sentiments had to be lined up with the cabinet doors which was also time-consuming. Then the little cards in the door pulls were painted white and some teeny tiny black writing was put on the cards.
In the end, I loved the resulting card.