Daily Archives: April 29, 2020
Jennifer Mcguire provided the video today. The topic was second generation stamping. This just means stamp down two images without re-inking in between. I confess that I had to cheat a little to get enough ink on the second image. Jennifer warned us to use somewhat darker colours and I think my first peach colour was just too light. Otherwise, the cards turned out well. I really like the simple white on kraft background on these two cards.
Today’s video was presented by Shari Caroll from Simon Says Stamp
Her 2 for 1 idea was to do some blending on a card front using cardstock masks and then use the masks themselves to make a second card. This technique is going to appeal to all you frugal crafters who like to use up every tiny scrap you have while continuing to hoard a lifetime’s worth of full sheet cardstock.
Shari managed to make her two cards look quite similar in the end even though they were made quite differently. My cards follow the same technique but I deliberately veered off in two slightly different directions. I enjoyed this technique as I want to practice the unstructured graphic style more.
I also got to use two new Photoplay word dies that I just bought yesterday! I love when that happens.
How did I get 2 days behind in making cards for this card camp? Honestly, it is getting impossible for me to schedule more than little job in a day. I am so slow these days that I think I am going to have to dress Monday for work on Tuesday, otherwise, I am going to be late. Of course, that is assuming that I will have a job to go to eventually.
Today’s tutorial was led by Julie Ebersole. The idea was multiple uses of word dies, as per the overall theme of 2 for 1.
I have found the key to this technique is to use word dies without too many unattached little parts. Like the 10 second rule, any little parts laying on my desktop longer than 10 seconds are lost for all eternity. A new lesson that I learned is to remember to spray said little attachments outside at the same time as I spray the card front. I only noticed that they weren’t sprayed when I went to glue them on. Being lazy I tried spraying them just where they sat on my desktop. Nope, the spray is an aerosol so it blew said little attachments all over the craftroom, while adding a nice layer of glue to my desktop! Nevertheless, the cards finally came together quite nicely.