Category Archives: Deb’s (Oscar’s) class samples
When I started out this morning I thought I would get a few things done. Little did I know that casing Kristina’s pull out card would become my life’s work!
I am hoping that the Queen of England is on my Christmas card list, because nothing less than royalty is worthy of this card after the number of hours put into it.
Nothing really went wrong in the construction, it just has a lot of steps. By the time, I got to the point of painting the poinsettia, my hands were shaking with nervousness. It is rather hard to watercolour small images when your hands are shaking.
All is well in the end, as I liked the result.
Besides blood, sweat and tears, Heartfelt Creations Sparkling Poinsettia Swirl stamp set, Heartfelt Creations Celebrate the Season stamp set, Strathmore Bristol cardstock, Hero Arts acetate, Stazon ink, Versafine ink, Zig Real Brush Markers, Bo Bunny Glitter Paste, Wink of Stella glitter pen, Unknown black glitter paper, Neenah 110 lb cardstock and Scor tape.
I am enrolled in the new Wild Card class. In this class the emphasis is on unusual cards as to shape, dimension, interaction or the like.
Today, I started out by making a shaped card with a 3D box for it to sit on. I have started to think about Margaritas as it is getting to be time to head down to Rio Mirage Cafe in El Mirage. So ok, it is 2400 km to get there, so I won’t make it in time for Happy Hour today….but soon my friends………soon.
Avery Elle Margarita Glass Die, Avery Elle Happy Hour stamp set, Kaisercraft Basecoat patterned paper, Scor tape
Holy crap! I have been trying to catch up on all the techniques presented in Chemistry 103 online class.
One thing I can tell you is that I have gone through enough baby wipes to keep the Dionne Quintuplets clean for five years!
There is at least 5 techniques a day times 6 days of classes, and each technique is a combo of mini techniques, so you can begin to see the toll on baby wipes. And that is before you count the mishaps, like the one when my Cracked Pistachio spray stain wouldn’t spray UNTIL I turned the spray bottle toward my face.
I am having fun getting inky, even though I am hurrying to complete my techniques binder before I leave on holidays.
This sample on Yupo just turned out to well to end up on a tag rather than a card.
You just gotta love how the ink sprayed out naturally from the middle of the one red flower. I am still in awe of that.
I have a pile of half completed samples from this class. There are several techniques that use products with a longer than usual drying time. This means my craft room looks like a paper laundromat.
The sample I am showing here almost went in the round file several times. Luckily I followed Tim’s instructions to keep working on it by throwing in more colour and more blending solution and most importantly more imagination until it started to look like something.
One of the techniques shown today used three products that I love, but have been languishing unused in my stash. What a great opportunity to break them out again. The products I am talking about are Distress Markers, Stencils and my Compressor. The technique is called Distress Marker Spritzed Watercolour.
I confess that I had never before used my compressor with any marker other than Copics. At first I fashioned a tape around the marker barrel to fit it snugly into the Copic spray handle, but it wasn’t long before I figured out a way to hold the marker just right and get it to spray with out the fuss.
I took Tim’s suggestion and decided to try it with a stencil, since I hadn’t used a stencil for a while either. I tried the Roses stencil and this Treads one. They both worked beautifully.
I like the resulting card. I think it is a great, and hard to come by, artsy masculine card.
Today marks the start of the Online Card Class Chemistry 103. It has been a while since Chemistry 101 and 102.
Today there were five techniques presented. While I have seen the techniques in other forms, it is nice to see how to use the techniques specifically with the Distress line of products. It will take me a while to make cards for all the techniques as I am starting by making tag samples for my personal journal book first.
I did like how the highlight stamping technique turned out using the relatively new Picket Fence pigment distress ink. I did think it was very pale at first and it took me at least three stampings before I thought the coloured inks would show up very well on the white background.
Here is a quick card using vellum in a scene. One of the rare times, I took the two minutes required to run upstairs to my sewing machine to attach the vellum.
Here is a “poor cousin” version of Dawn’s beautiful card from our Day 2 lessons.
I rarely use the colour purple and I even more rarely use dark purple from my copic markers as it usually turns out too dark. Not so when you are colouring behind vellum as in this technique. Only dark colours show up well enough.
Haven’t caught up on Day 2 yet but here is a card from the lessons on Day 4. The lesson is to use vellum and emboss it. I have done this many times but this is the first card I have made completely out of vellum, thanks to the 40lb vellum I now have from Ellen Hutson.