As I mentioned in the last post, my mojo went AWOL at the Scrapbook Carnival. Somewhat unluckily for my wallet, my shopping mojo was still in high gear, but that is a story for another post. Anyway, I am quite sure that people who stopped to chat at my crafting spot thought this card was destined for the big round file. It sat there half done for two days, while I tried to decide what was wrong with it.
Today, I think I figured out the problems and corrected them. I think this card could be a birthday, sympathy, wedding or Christmas card, depending on what sentiment I put on the inside.
Holy crap! I have been trying to catch up on all the techniques presented in Chemistry 103 online class.
One thing I can tell you is that I have gone through enough baby wipes to keep the Dionne Quintuplets clean for five years!
There is at least 5 techniques a day times 6 days of classes, and each technique is a combo of mini techniques, so you can begin to see the toll on baby wipes. And that is before you count the mishaps, like the one when my Cracked Pistachio spray stain wouldn’t spray UNTIL I turned the spray bottle toward my face.
I am having fun getting inky, even though I am hurrying to complete my techniques binder before I leave on holidays.
This sample on Yupo just turned out to well to end up on a tag rather than a card.
You just gotta love how the ink sprayed out naturally from the middle of the one red flower. I am still in awe of that.
I have a pile of half completed samples from this class. There are several techniques that use products with a longer than usual drying time. This means my craft room looks like a paper laundromat.
The sample I am showing here almost went in the round file several times. Luckily I followed Tim’s instructions to keep working on it by throwing in more colour and more blending solution and most importantly more imagination until it started to look like something.