Blog Archives

Papertrey Ink- Make it Monday #321

The challenge in today’s Make it Monday, is to do some ink blending on coloured cardstock.

It seemed simple but I did have to round file my first attempt.  I used a sponge dauber that was too old and it started to crumble and leave streaks in my blending when I tried to use it.

This is my second attempt and while it is much better, the water mark forks that I stamped in the background look somewhat dirty, rather than just being a deeper tone of the paper.  I thought about giving them a clear embossing finish but I had already removed the stamps from the Misti, so that wasn’t going to work.    Hmm……………….maybe try again with white embossed birthday candles in the background.


Online Card Class Day 5 -Background Check

Three more videos on how to add texture to make interesting backgrounds.  Yesterday, I think I went through a whole package of Tim Holtz Watercolor Paper and didn’t end up with more than four backgrounds that will find their way onto a real card.   The rest will be garbaged (computer doesn’t like it but I want to make garbage a verb, so I am…so there).  That is frustrating as it adds to my “per card” cost of my hobby which had been sitting somewhere around a modest $432.00 per card prior to this latest expense :-).  But I digress, today was better.  All were keepers, but of course, I put a nasty crease in my favourite one, trying to straighten it for the photo.  I may be able to salvage it when I turn it in to a card.

IMG_9334 IMG_9336 IMG_9337